AT&T INFORMATION FOR BUYING MEDICARE PRODUCTS
Medicare is a national health insurance program in the US, began in 1966 under the Social Security Administration and now administered by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services.
Medicare comprises 4 Parts and broken out below so you can understand the parts and how they pay.
Let’s look at the parts of Medicare so you have a solid understanding of them.
Medicare Products availability for AT&T Retirees/those AT&T prior employees that moved from Disability to Medicare, is different than it is for most other people.
How are we alike?
We all have the opportunity to change our current plans during Open Enrollment, the same time every year: Oct 15th–Dec 7th
We all have the opportunity to change any of our plans; move from Original Medicare to an Advantage Plan to a different Advantage Plan, change our Drug plan.
If we qualify medically, we can change our Medigap Plans. If we live in California, we can use the birthday rule to change Medigap plans within 30 days of our birthday. Using the birthday rule we can move side to side, (Plan G provider to a different provider), ex: F to G, G to B, but we cannot move up: G to F, L to G, etc.
How are we different?
AT&T retirees on Medicare have the opportunity to be reimbursed for medical expenses, which include, Medical co-pays, deductibles, out of pocket RX amounts, Dental Expenses, Vision Expenses, through 12/31/2023 based on a letter provided by AT&T. Determination of this reimbursement after 2023 will be addressed as that time comes closer.
WHAT MUST I DO TO GET THE REIMBURSEMENT?
Remember, these simple rules:
- You MUST BUY either an Advantage Plan or a Drug Plan to be entitled to that $2700 for AT&T Retiree/$1500 for Spouse when they turn 65, either before or after you. THAT’s IT.
- If you want a Medigap/Supplemental Plan
- You MUST buy your Drug Plan from AON
- You can buy the Medigap Plan from AON (but be a smart shopper and get the best price) .
- You can buy the Medigap Plan from a trusted Independent Agent/Broker, who will shop prices for you, getting the best price since all Lettered Plan (ex: G Plan), have the exact same benefits, why pay more for a name brand?
- You can research it yourself and buy it from the provider directly, lots of work and it’s so nice to have an experienced Broker/Agent who really cares about working for you and continuing to earn your trust year after year.
This information is an overview of Medicare for Employees that have reached Medicare Age 65 or placed on Medicare by disability.
I, (Louise Fulton) will be answering general questions obtained from the Facebook Groups that deal with these questions and posting so that you can get a better understanding of Medicare and what your rights are as well as how to ensure you get the best healthcare for you.
I, (Louise Fulton) will also discuss the ReimburseMe App and how to make it work for you.
Till next time.